The Forest Policy and Economics Education and Research (FOPER) project aims to strengthen the capacity of modern forest policy and economics education, training and research in the Western Balkans region. The project will work towards a permanent training program in the region, consisting of both an international MSc. course on forest policy and economics, and continuous training for professionals already working on these issues. In addition, policy-relevant forest research will be supported and promoted, and mechanisms for linking science and policy will be established.
The project is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and is coordinated by the European Forest Institute.
The FOPER project is coordinated by Tomi Tuomasjukka, Ippo Tikkanen and Mari Pitkanen at the European Forest Institute based in Joensuu, Finland.
The regional partners for FOPER include:
* Agricultural University of Tirana, Faculty of Forest Sciences
* Forest and Pasture Research Institute
Bosnia and Herzegovina
* University of Sarajevo, Faculty of Forestry
* University of Banja Luka, Faculty of Forestry
* University of Zagreb, Faculty of Forestry
* Forest Research Institute, Jastrebarsko
Former Yugoslavia Republic of Macedonia
* University "St. Kiril i Metodij", Faculty of Forestry
* University of Belgrade, Faculty of Forestry
* Institute of Forestry, Belgrade